Hello - English player coming over from the Live Version

Shame, whilst I know about VPN's in theory, a gaming VPN is something I've never used so I'd be next to useless at trying to debug what's going wrong.

As for the first weeks' piece, I'll likely start working on it this weekend, it's worth noting though that whilst most stuff in the guide thus far has been "this is how it works". The first weeks' section will be heavily subjective as it'll be based on what I personally believe to be the best way to approach a fresh start.

I'm currently only 2 weeks into the server myself, it's just that I've been following my old 3.0 fresh start server plan from back in the day :)

Honestly, if you're feeling lost hopping into a guild is probably your best bet, community to play and chat with - and their knowledge to draw upon. The AIO guide contains a reference for English speaking guilds, however I just realised it doesn't have what TZ they're most active in - I'll add that to my TODO list ;)

Shame, whilst I know about VPN's in theory, a gaming VPN is something I've never used so I'd be next to useless at trying to debug what's going wrong.

As for the first weeks' piece, I'll likely start working on it this weekend, it's worth noting though that whilst most stuff in the guide thus far has been "this is how it works". The first weeks' section will be heavily subjective as it'll be based on what I personally believe to be the best way to approach a fresh start.

I'm currently only 2 weeks into the server myself, it's just that I've been following my old 3.0 fresh start server plan from back in the day :)

Honestly, if you're feeling lost hopping into a guild is probably your best bet, community to play and chat with - and their knowledge to draw upon. The AIO guide contains a reference for English speaking guilds, however I just realised it doesn't have what TZ they're most active in - I'll add that to my TODO list ;)

I was in Red Dawn briefly but honestly the 3-4 days I was with them only 2 people tried to help me and the leader is an asshole. He accused me of not "popping pots" when I don't have anything of the like as I am new, and he said I didnt respec shadowplay to Rapid Strike Anthalon and that he had screenshots, which was a blatant lie because I was in TS following his directions to the T. He was a dick about it so I left yesterday. Also he just kinda uses the entire guild as a mindless slave army to get content done and gives all the loot to the highest geared members.. it wasnt fun being part of that guild. I guess since I'm West my only other choice is Forsaken.

Subjective is fine with me, any hints or metaphoric "head tilts" in the right direction would be incredibly helpful. I'm currently growing stuff for Gweonid packs by Cart, which lets face it after 2-3 trips gets disastrously boring. When I don't feel like running packs I farm Library for an hour or 2, if I don't feel like packs or library I dump labor into fishing for proficiency because I wanna be a fisherman. :p I just feel like the money i'm making compared to the money I need for even the simplest things is way off.

Последнее редактирование:
Hi Kenseii/Devin!

I'm sorry that you've experienced the guild like this.
Anyway, regarding the potions, here are a couple things:
- When you level to 55, you get close to a hundred Brick walls & Unstoppable force.
- Honor potions are 300 Honor a pop and acquiring this in a server that has double honour should not be a problem.
In other words = 0 expenses
If you want to play in a competitive guild, don't play an Earthsinger and don't expect to get an anthalon set being only 6 days in the guild, especially whilst playing a class like earthsinger (DKP is there for a reason).

Best of luck!

Hi Kenseii/Devin!

I'm sorry that you've experienced the guild like this.
Anyway, regarding the potions, here are a couple things:
- When you level to 55, you get close to a hundred Brick walls & Unstoppable force.
- Honor potions are 300 Honor a pop and acquiring this in a server that has double honour should not be a problem.
In other words = 0 expenses
If you want to play in a competitive guild, don't play an Earthsinger and don't expect to get an anthalon set being only 6 days in the guild, especially whilst playing a class like earthsinger (DKP is there for a reason).

Best of luck!
The fact you managed to phrase it as if he was the bad guy is quite impressive. Honor pots cost honor, what, if not an expense, is spending honor?

All you really did is enforce what was described, that you're elitist. Which whilst not inherently bad, is a bit of a dick attitude to take whilst the guy is being rather straight up about the fact he's new.

Unfortunately, trade packs are basically (one of) the best starter income, however, it sounds as if you've got the basics down - farming library is annoying but required. And you'll be thankful for having done it when it comes to crafting t4+ obsidian.

The fact you managed to phrase it as if he was the bad guy is quite impressive. Honor pots cost honor, what, if not an expense, is spending honor?

All you really did is enforce what was described, that you're elitist. Which whilst not inherently bad, is a bit of a dick attitude to take whilst the guy is being rather straight up about the fact he's new.

We aim to be a competitive guild. The honor potions are 300 honor, which equals one arena. (You don't need gear for Sparring & Skirmish).
On top of that, we have people that are completely new to the game that put in alot of effort, so being 'new' isn't exactly an excuse.
Not buffing up while everyone has is a lack of respect towards your fellow guild members who have. They put in the effort, so why not you?
It's not a dick attitude, it's a realistic attitude if you want to achieve things.

If you can't handle an environment like this, don't play in a guild like this. It's the same in every other MMO.

P.S. @Devin Don't forget to mention that the Guild leader was actually one of the people who helped you run through GHA

We aim to be a competitive guild. The honor potions are 300 honor, which equals one arena. (You don't need gear for Sparring & Skirmish).
On top of that, we have people that are completely new to the game that put in alot of effort, so being 'new' isn't exactly an excuse.
Not buffing up while everyone has is a lack of respect towards your fellow guild members who have. They put in the effort, so why not you?
It's not a dick attitude, it's a realistic attitude if you want to achieve things.

If you can't handle an environment like this, don't play in a guild like this. It's the same in every other MMO.

P.S. @Devin Don't forget to mention that the Guild leader was actually one of the people who helped you run through GHA

I lol'd can confirm

Firstly, it was one time, one GHA run and it was all plate drops, After I begged for help for 2 days. Carnage was the one who suggested I get help in the first place, otherwise you wouldn't have, i'd imagine. Better things to do and all that.

Secondly, I've sunk at least 12-14 hours a day into this server since my first day coming back and dealing with the lag I experience so you can't say I dont put in effort. Also if someone had explained to me what the pots were I would have known, I didnt know you meant those spellbooks.

Thirdly, When im standing at nui listening to 4-5 of you talk over eachother in TS it's a bit difficult to hear what you want. As I was EARTHSINGER (a random spec i chose as all of my specializations are not 55) I had defensive buffs and spells and I had songs/healing hymn from songcraft so I thought I could be a supportive/healing role while helping deal with adds since we already had damage. Then I hear you on ts "Kenseii get shadowplay and rapidstrikes or ill kick you from the raid" "earthsinger i dont even know what fuckin class that is" So I did it and then told you to calm down after which you whispered me about some bullshit that wasn't even true. It's not a big deal, run your guild how you want... theres a Leave Guild button for a reason.

Also, I didn't expect to get an anthalon set in 6 days, but seeing you give all the drops over to the same person both times I went to anthalon with you guys didnt feel right when 40 people are there many of whom have close to the same GS as me and we all get nothing for dropping what we were doing to go give someone with 5k gs more loot.

@Devin Ok first off I'm the one who ratted you out to Daekroth since i'm fed up with idiots in the guild just not helping at all or turning up and doing pretty much nothing but scratch their ass and want something for it.

Here is a screenshot I took with gyazo during our raid. NO POTS. NO SHADOWPLAY. So you didn't "follow it to a T"
https://gyazo.com/ce8ef879f2c033ce980d688719cb73ac

As for the anthalon drops. We were gearing up our PVP Tanks. Anthalon set is mostly for skullknights for the AOE pull 4 set. Illustriouss did pick up the items yes but they wern't given to him he has no use for them. Everyone is in the raid to help gear our cloth tanks and raise DKP for their own uses later.

Also don't bitch about people not running your sorry ass through GHA. People have shit to do. I have not ran GHA once on this server. I went for a celestial auroria set straight away. fuck GHA crap.

To cut it short. You won't be missed especially after you took to the forums to spout utter bollocks

Love TerryCrews

After reading that message I got a clear indication that you have no clue or whatsoever on how loot retribution goes. We first collect a 4-set of anthalon, and then hand it out. If you want to roll for loot, go join a pug raid. It's always easy to complain. I wish you the best of luck with your potato endeavours.

@Devin Ok first off I'm the one who ratted you out to Daekroth since i'm fed up with idiots in the guild just not helping at all or turning up and doing pretty much nothing but scratch their ass and want something for it.

Here is a screenshot I took with gyazo during our raid. NO POTS. NO SHADOWPLAY. So you didn't "follow it to a T"
https://gyazo.com/ce8ef879f2c033ce980d688719cb73ac

As for the anthalon drops. We were gearing up our PVP Tanks. Anthalon set is mostly for skullknights for the AOE pull 4 set. Illustriouss did pick up the items yes but they wern't given to him he has no use for them. Everyone is in the raid to help gear our cloth tanks and raise DKP for their own uses later.

Also don't bitch about people not running your sorry ass through GHA. People have shit to do. I have not ran GHA once on this server. I went for a celestial auroria set straight away. fuck GHA crap.

To cut it short. You won't be missed especially after you took to the forums to spout utter bollocks

That was the first time I went to anthalon, I didnt have any gold to switch specs because I sent all my gold to daekroth for the thunderstruck log. I didn't know what the pots were, assuming I didnt have any because I was new and haven't purchased anything for doing content. I even mentioned this in the raid chat but I guess you guys were too busy bullshitting in ts to read it.

I don't even know wtf DKP is or is for other than the fact that there was an event letting you exchange dkp for gold a while back that I saw on discord. So you can't expect someone new to the game and new in the guild to just know that we are all farming dkp.

To cut it short, I didn't even MENTION gha until Daekroth felt he needed to boast about running it one time. I didn't want to run it for gear ANYWAY I wanted to run it for my Merit quest. Which had less than an hour before reset, which means for almost 2 days I was asking in guild for anyone who wanted to run GHA with me for my 35 gold merit and no one budged until Carnage spoke up about it at the last minute. Then Vermillion offered to run me through it for gear where I got 4-5 pieces and I was very thankful to him for that.

The fact that you sit there scouting for people to snitch on to your beloved guild leader speaks volumes as to the kind of person you are, lol.

That was the first time I went to anthalon, I didnt have any gold to switch specs because I sent all my gold to daekroth for the thunderstruck log. I didn't know what the pots were, assuming I didnt have any because I was new and haven't purchased anything for doing content. I even mentioned this in the raid chat but I guess you guys were too busy bullshitting in ts to read it.

I don't even know wtf DKP is or is for other than the fact that there was an event letting you exchange dkp for gold a while back that I saw on discord. So you can't expect someone new to the game and new in the guild to just know that we are all farming dkp.

To cut it short, I didn't even MENTION gha until Daekroth felt he needed to boast about running it one time. I didn't want to run it for gear ANYWAY I wanted to run it for my Merit quest. Then Vermillion offered to run me through it for gear where I got 4-5 pieces and I was very thankful to him for that.

Every Anthalon that gets done we specifically say pop your spellbooks, Defences to help healers and honor pot for extra DPS. You're not the only one that doesn't do it so believe me others have been spoken to. By the way if you don't understand something mate what do you do? You ask. christ you said yourself you saw it on discord so why not just ask? There's atleast 20 people who could explain that to you in a matter of seconds.

Ho-ho

You're a tad bit contradicting yourself here. First of all you did have enough money, since when i asked you to respec, you managed to respec into a proper build.
Regarding the money for the Thunderstruck, you bought it from half the price off me - telling me you'll send the rest later to which i said "It's fine, don't worry about it".
The only reason i'm mentioning GHA is because you're acting all pathetic regarding the fact that noone helped you, while plenty of people did, myself included. But hey, only "2" people tried to help you, right?

Every Anthalon that gets done we specifically say pop your spellbooks, Defences to help healers and honor pot for extra DPS. You're not the only one that doesn't do it so believe me others have been spoken to. By the way if you don't understand something mate what do you do? You ask. christ you said yourself you saw it on discord so why not just ask? There's atleast 20 people who could explain that to you in a matter of seconds.

He might say that but if im under the impression I do not have these things and I have 80 honor, I already feel like it doesn't pertain to me. I only "didn't do it" the first time, as the second time I switched to shadowplay AND I was healing/buffering flame damage with insulating lense to help out healers and I was chain attacking ads but I was still reprimanded for something I dont know about. As experienced players and leaders you are to approach new players in a different manner thats all im saying. I shouldnt be expected to just know shit. Instead of "kenseii swithc to shadowplay or ima kick you from the raid" he could have been like "yo kenseii you dont have shadowplay make sure you get that before we leave nui so you can do dps" but here and now proves that he and you and probably more of you have attitudes of 17 year olds.

Ho-ho

You're a tad bit contradicting yourself here. First of all you did have enough money, since when i asked you to respec, you managed to respec into a proper build.
Regarding the money for the Thunderstruck, you bought it from half the price off me - telling me you'll send the rest later to which i said "It's fine, don't worry about it".
The only reason i'm mentioning GHA is because you're acting all pathetic regarding the fact that noone helped you, while plenty of people did, myself included. But hey, only "2" people tried to help you, right?

Im done with this lol. Enjoy your day.

edit- If we are gonna get technical, Glassbotlle, Carnage and Vermillion have helped me. You sold me a log for 1/4th the price of a tree as you stated in guild chat and I sent you 80% of the payment, there was 12 gold left to send and I was going to send it then you said dont worry about it. How generous of you.

Назад
Верх