Hello - English player coming over from the Live Version

Devin

Hi everyone. I like many others have grown tired of the Labor limit and wasting so much time desperately trying to get gold just for patron upkeep. I was in the middle of farming for Obsidian upgrade materials and waiting for labor regen to do 1 item upgrade (400 labor) when someone approached me about this server.

Im wondering a few things:

How many players speak english?

Are there english speaking guilds? If so are they East or West?

What is the average GS of PVPers? I have never played AA long enough to get into pvp because of the huge gear gap, but PvP is definitely something I am interested in.

Do the devs of ArcheRage plan to patch up to more recent iterations? I have no knowledge of 2.9 as I started playing on 3.0.

I am an avid fisherman and lover of all things crafting/trading in the game. I am also a dedicated healer in every MMO i've played to date. (Main MW Monk/Disc Priest in WoW, Chloromancer in Rift, Priest/Knight in RoM, Templar on ESO, Healing Druid on GW2.. and so on) If any of you english speakers want another healer for content I am your guy. The game is installing currently, so I'll be waiting a while. This server is very hush-hush as I cannot find ANYTHING about it on the internet save for 1 youtube video. Therefore I don't really know if theres a resource at my disposal for learning 2.9 stuff or whatever the server has special to offer.

-edit-

I have finished installing and when I click what Im assuming is the Start or Launch or Play button, nothing happens

Последнее редактирование:
1.many english speaking ppl.
2.both
3.4000 gs average,i think.it is easy to get.
4.the end of year will update to 3.0.
5.If you are east ,pm firefiret ,"Nyash Myash " guild have more english speaking ppl.

I tried playing but my ping is too high... its a full second lag for any action sometimes more. I cant do end-game or PVP like that :| nice server though..

If you're NA then this server is not for you. Server is located in France.

From my searches I haven't found ANY other AA server... so my options are quite limited. Also, my ping is not completely horrible except for certain times in the day.. sometimes its fine sometimes its really bad. Majority of the day its ok, and sometimes I can't harvest or kill anything or even open coin purses cause I get many "The gods are too busy to connect you!" messages. Its not a deal breaker but once I get geared enough to do PvP stuff I will be gimped by latency.

Hello, Devin.

I suppose there are many NA/South Americans playing on this server and the ping is fairly okay. Sure its not the smoothest however it still a great experience, even us living in the EU sometimes experience lag/dc but we suppose it's part of the emulator/maybe datacenter idk and we are in hopes Admins are aware of it and will get this sorted in time.

I need VPN? I am in Europe, I do lag sometimes quite a bit and I dont think I need a VPN? I think server lags in general its fair bit like any other else. Just need future upgrades maybe.

VPN services, WTFast springs to mind, are a bandaid on a gaping wound, you'll see some ping reduction but ultimately you have to decide whether you're willing and able to play with the latency.

Your packet still has to travel from NA/Other all the way to the servers in France, the aim of a VPN in this is to reduce the number of hops between you, and the destination.

It's also worth mentioning that not every VPN service will result in a ping reduction, its entirely based around the routing that they use internally, services like WTFast are dedicated to trying to improve latency related issues. However as in all things your mileage may vary.

Edit: Just noticed if you follow that link they have a free trial

Последнее редактирование:
VPN services, WTFast springs to mind, are a bandaid on a gaping wound, you'll see some ping reduction but ultimately you have to decide whether you're willing and able to play with the latency.

Your packet still has to travel from NA/Other all the way to the servers in France, the aim of a VPN in this is to reduce the number of hops between you, and the destination.

It's also worth mentioning that not every VPN service will result in a ping reduction, its entirely based around the routing that they use internally, services like WTFast are dedicated to trying to improve latency related issues. However as in all things your mileage may vary.

Edit: Just noticed if you follow that link they have a free trial

I am definitely willing to play with the latency, as I mentioned above its not a deal breaker. It would be if I was hardcore into pvp but I haven't even chosen a class I want to stick with and I'm a healer at heart so I won't ever be doing 1v1. The only time it is annoying is when I am trying to harvest/plant and I end up messing up placement, or accidentally cutting down a tree when my character wasn't doing any motion until the progress bar had filled during a lag/ping spike. Also when numlocked in my cart and I get a lag and accidentally get stuck trying to drive off a cliff. The fact that I get free patron and loads of labor to spend having fun in the game more than makes up for the small latency issue.

Then you're good to go :)

Give a proxy a try, it might improve your latency, it might not - but it's worth a shot.

E: Why is this thread stickied o_O

I tried 2 different ones. Tunnelbear and WTFast and both of them don't allow me to connect to the game.

If I try to start the game with them on it plays a video of a battleground and some shadows of warriors fighting and shit and then it closes itself. if I turn the VPN on while I'm already in-game, as soon as it tries to load or render a new area it says "the gods have disconnected you"

I tried 2 different ones. Tunnelbear and WTFast and both of them don't allow me to connect to the game.

If I try to start the game with them on it plays a video of a battleground and some shadows of warriors fighting and shit and then it closes itself. if I turn the VPN on while I'm already in-game, as soon as it tries to load or render a new area it says "the gods have disconnected you"
Sounds like the server is refusing your connection when you connect via VPN, this could be by design, and which point you'd need to talk to the admins to try sort out (which may be difficult)

It could also be that your connection is playing up for some reason whilst VPN'd - have you tried browsing/launching another game whilst using the vpn?

Sounds like the server is refusing your connection when you connect via VPN, this could be by design, and which point you'd need to talk to the admins to try sort out (which may be difficult)

It could also be that your connection is playing up for some reason whilst VPN'd - have you tried browsing/launching another game whilst using the vpn?

So League loads with it open, and the internet is fine although a bit jumpy. I'll just play with lag, I don't wanna bother them lol. Thanks for the help though! Looking forward to your "first weeks" section as I am on day 6 or 7 i think lol and im all over the place tbh.

Назад
Верх