Change language to English

Nah, pal, that is unlikely. You see, as far as I know, this freeshard was exclusively designed by Russian-speaking enthusiasts for Russian-speaking audience only. I mean, not only the in-game option for "switch the language for the entire client" is impossible, but I doubt that the local devs even supposed for the project to be interesting aside their - and ours respectively - mother tongue, as the client holds the EU core and RU localization.
Try luck in encouraging your fellow players to create a freeshard of your own. Or, better yet, you can try to convince this server freeshard's admins to cooperate and make an international AA freeshard. Why not.

Nah, pal, that is unlikely. You see, as far as I know, this freeshard was exclusively designed by Russian-speaking enthusiasts for Russian-speaking audience only. I mean, not only the in-game option for "switch the language for the entire client" is impossible, but I doubt that the local devs even supposed for the project to be interesting aside their - and ours respectively - mother tongue, as the client holds the EU core and RU localization.
Try luck in encouraging your fellow players to create a freeshard of your own. Or, better yet, you can try to convince this server freeshard's admins to cooperate and make an international AA freeshard. Why not.

Alright, I see. Thanks for the thorough response! I just found out about this community today, so I need to get to know stuff. It's not that big of a problem since I know the game really well but it would be really nice to have a language you can understand, especially because I think an ArcheAge private server would be really popular in the EU/USA regions. I will see what I can do tho, thanks again.

Последнее редактирование:
Hey! I think we can do it, but how do u think to play with ru community?

From my point of view, he was asking about changing the whole client to the Trion localization in order that USA/EU players could play along too. I doubt any of foreign players are willing to learn Russian so that they could play on the existing server. It's likely you as the admins could reprofile the project for the international community also, as well as for the Russian-players base, with separate servers, accordingly. And somehow I think you can make this happen. More players - more donations ;)
But anyway, once you've decided to expand the community, you have to double-translate all the site page and forum too. But I think that's not a big deal for you.

Hey! I think we can do it, but how do u think to play with ru community?

Well I was referring to the way Trion does it in their launcher, where you can choose English/German/French etc. Which makes the client go with that language. I don't know if you can do that but it would really help bring the English speaking community to your server, like Lorasar said.
Having separate servers for RU/EN is an option, but I won't tell you what to do since I don't have an insight into the numbers. It would probably be possible to play on the same server though, it would just be 2 different languages used in chat..
Translating the website and forum wouldn't be too hard (I can help if needed).

Последнее редактирование:
Well I was referring to the way Trion does it in their launcher, where you can choose English/German/French etc. Which makes the client go with that language. I don't know if you can do that but it would really help bring the English speaking community to your server, like Lorasar said.
Having separate servers for RU/EN is an option, but I won't tell you what to do since I don't have an insight into the numbers. It would probably be possible to play on the same server though, it would just be 2 different languages used in chat..
Translating the website and forum wouldn't be too hard (I can help if needed).

And you would run into the language barrier all the time. Placing your farm, looking for a raid, trading - you name it. It's not all the way down impossible, but, you know, Russian community has always been separated from the international one (just like Korean, Japanese, Chinese etc do), complemented with the discrepancies you (and Russians as well) will face - and the total game experience might turn into disaster.
Despite the fact that nowadays here in Russia students are obliged to learn English right away from school and to college, the overall language proficiency among the community is still remains to be desired. So, the idea of the same server with different localizations might be controversial at best, but not at all unpleasant. Might be funny, even. See what the admins can say.

Hm, idk. How many EN players we can obtain? It's 2-3 weeks of work on server for client changing.

From what I know, EN players have been waiting for an AA private server for years. There was talk of other private servers in the past and they got A LOT of response but they never became reality. A lot of people quit the official game and would definitely return to a well-run server with no bullshit involved.

And you would run into the language barrier all the time. Placing your farm, looking for a raid, trading - you name it. It's not all the way down impossible, but, you know, Russian community has always been separated from the international one (just like Korean, Japanese, Chinese etc do), complemented with the discrepancies you (and Russians as well) will face - and the total game experience might turn into disaster.
Despite the fact that nowadays here in Russia students are obliged to learn English right away from school and to college, the overall language proficiency among the community is still remains to be desired. So, the idea of the same server with different localizations might be controversial at best, but not at all unpleasant. Might be funny, even. See what the admins can say.
True the language barrier would be a problem, but not a major one I don't think. It could be pretty funny but simple stuff like "raid", "sell", "buy", etc. is something that everyone understands. I think it's mostly up to the admins tho, they would know best what can and can't work.

Назад
Верх